Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Care Workers for the Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response Project
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and the projected spike expected in mid-September 2020, the country will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring testing, facility isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruiting additional staff to man the isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi metropolitan area and the existing institutions of learning; to increase port health personnel to assist in disease surveillance at the ports of entry; and to increase the staffing levels for the laboratory testing facilities across the country.
Laboratory Technologists (108)
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the government of Kenya, through the Ministry of Health brought together different agencies to coordinate response to and management of this pandemic. Laboratory testing of suspect cases and their contacts is a major component of this coordination. Since the testing the first case, the number of testing laboratories has risen from one (1) to about 30 as per June 29th 2020. The major challenges the laboratories have faced include a shortage of information management officers. The Ministry of Health is seeking to recruit 108 Laboratory Technologists/officers who will be responsible for managing specimen and carrying out testing in any laboratory located in the republic of Kenya. The officers will report directly to the managers in respective laboratories.
- Bachelor of Science in a biomedical subject
- Sufficient knowledge on molecular testing procedures, analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge in data management software such as ODK, Epicollect, LIMs and other digital platforms
- Competence in computer packages including MS excel, word and PowerPoint
- Minimum data analysis techniques including MS Excel, STATA, R, SPSS, will be an added advantage
- Previous attachment, internship or employment in a molecular biology laboratory conducting PCR, ELIZA and related tests is an added advantage.
- Registered with relevant registration body.
- Basic skills in trouble shooting equipment failures
- Reception and preparation of sample for testing and their digital indexing into relevant data bases
- To develop, curate and maintain hardcopy and digital databases related to sample testing and archival of primary samples and biological materials generated in the laboratories through testing
- To Analyze clinical specimen
- To manage and supervise removal and destruction of laboratory wastes
- To validate, Interpret and collate results using established algorithms and the transmit these results for rely the patient and to the National data center
- To carry out internal/external Quality Controls
- To keep an inventory of laboratory reagent and materials needs, use and requests.
- Development, improvement and updating laboratory Standard Operating Procedures related to data management
- Do any other duty assigned by the laboratory head
Scope of work
- Accurate data generated using the right SOPs
- Updated testing and result release SOPs
- Properly generated laboratory data that is accurately linked to patient metadata
- Catalogue of list of samples received and the results released
- Accurate results communicated back to the person who submitted the samples.
- Mentoring other staff working in the testing laboratory in testing techniques
Terms of employment
6 months contract
The Laboratory officer will be stationed in any COVID-19 testing laboratory located in Kenya and supported in the Ministry of Health.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to respective addresses as provided below and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th September, 2020.
- Medical officers; email@example.com
- Nutritionists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics officers; email@example.com
- Physiotherapists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory technologist; email@example.com
- Nursing officers; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychologists; email@example.com