Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Care Workers for the Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response Project
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and the projected spike expected in mid-September 2020, the country will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring testing, facility isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruiting additional staff to man the isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi metropolitan area and the existing institutions of learning; to increase port health personnel to assist in disease surveillance at the ports of entry; and to increase the staffing levels for the laboratory testing facilities across the country.
National Laboratory Services (NLS) Liaison Officer (3 positions)
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the government of Kenya, through the Ministry of Health brought together different agencies to coordinate response to and management of this pandemic. Laboratory testing of suspect cases and their contacts is a major component of this coordination. Since the testing the first case, the number of testing laboratories has risen from one (1) to about 30 as per June 29th 2020. In order to ensure that laboratories run efficiently, it is important to is monitor commodity distribution and use in all the testing laboratories and ensure that issues that can interrupt testing and data generation are dealt with in a timely manner. The Ministry of Health is seeking a laboratory expert who will be the key liaison person to fill the gaps in effective management of sample collection, testing and coordinating of sample referral networks with the aim of addressing the long turnaround time in relaying results. The person holding this position will report directly the Head, National Laboratory Services and Logistics manager on COVID-19 response. The officers will be stationed at the department of the National Laboratory Services and will report directly to the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor of Science in a biomedical subject
- Sufficient knowledge on molecular testing
- Sufficient knowledge in molecular reagent supply chain
- Competence in computer packages including MS excel, word and PowerPoint
- Coordinate with all testing labs on sample transport, reception and results dissemination to all the counties and quarantine sites
- Establish and manage a hardcopy and digital sample management system
- Set up an alert mechanism to communicate sample receipt, status of testing and relaying of results including anticipated delays in relaying of results
- Coordinate the function of the Laboratory Information management officers in the various laboratories
- To manage the inventory of laboratory reagents and materials needs, use and requests.
- To liaise with the Logistics manager, National Laboratory services and KEMSA during procurement of laboratory reagents and related supplies
- In liaison with Logistics manager and KEMSA, inspect the waybills for laboratory supplies in order to ensure that shipment consignments are complete as per the order details
- In liaison with the Logistics manager, NLS, KEMSA and KEMRI, ensure that laboratory materials are supplied in the right conditions include the right cold-chain characteristics
- In liaison with the Logistics manager, NLS, KEMSA, monitor commodity security and advise the commodity allocation committee on modalities of allocation and distribution of laboratory reagents
- Serve as the point of contact for all counties who require to be trained on sample collection and reporting for COVID-19 testing
- Coordinate with national technical teams on reporting and data management systems required for accountability purposes
- Support and provide TA to the national technical team on the most effective mechanism to enhance sample referral for COVID-19 testing across all 47 counties in the country
- Any other assignment that might be assigned to him/her by the COVID-19 team
Scope of Work.
- Testing kits delivered to the laboratory on time
- Laboratory reagents and kits distribution and depletion in all testing laboratories done in a timely manner
- Accurate advice given to the head, The NLS, for early procurement of kits and reagents and other laboratory supplies
- Minutes of meetings attended with other stakeholders including donors who support COVID-19 testing
Terms of employment
6 months’ contract
The officers shall report to the Head, National Laboratory Services.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to respective addresses as provided below and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th September, 2020.
- Medical officers; email@example.com
- Nutritionists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics officers; email@example.com
- Physiotherapists; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory technologist; email@example.com
- Nursing officers; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychologists; email@example.com