Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
* This Vacancy Announcement is for a national officer position in Kenya at the NO-B level. It is open only to nationals of Kenya.
The Financial Operations Department (FOD) is a dynamic financial, strategic and responsive business partner and service provider fully supporting IFAD in developing its financial strategy and managing its financial, investments and material resources. FOD ensures that these resources are efficiently, economically and effectively used to achieve IFAD’s objectives in the long-term and deliver on its development commitments. The Financial Management Services Division (FMD) develops and oversees financial policies and project financial management practices in IFAD-funded operations, including financial reporting, audit, project liquidity management, fiduciary compliance and support. The division is responsible for IFAD’s financial management workforce including consultants.
The County Finance Analyst is responsible for ensuring the highest efficiency in financial resources management and the provision of accurate, thoroughly researched and documented financial information, effective delivery of financial services, transparent utilization of financial resources. The accountabilities/key results include:
- Finance Business Partner
- Financial Management
- Agent of Change
- Managerial Functions
Country Finance Analysts work under the overall strategic, policy and management guidance of the Director FMD/ Chief Financial Management Officer and direct supervision of the Regional Finance Team Leader. They have dual reporting to the Regional Director responsible for the country to which s/he is assigned for activities not linked to financial management compliance, with day-to-day reporting to the relevant Country Director/Head of the IFAD Sub-Regional Hub. S/he works in close collaboration with the Country Directors (CD)/Country Programme Managers (CPM), and other programme management and technical staff to ensure consistency, cohesion, and synergy in the application of technical support and provision of programme development support.
Country Finance Analysts may be required, but not extensively, to travel outside of their own country to perform the work of the Organization.
Minimum recruitment qualifications
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, business administration or other job-related field. In lieu of an advanced degree, a first level degree in combination with an additional four years of qualifying experience, over and above the minimum requirement may be accepted (i.e. a total of six (6) years)
- CPA qualification or equivalent preferred.
- At least two (2) years of professional experience in accounting, financial management, budget analysis or management analysis in a multi-cultural organization or national organization providing support on a global scope. Experience with an international financial institution would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French is highly desirable. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic or Spanish) is desirable.
Deadline for Applications: 25/09/2020
Applicants should note that IFAD staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the President of IFAD, and they may be assigned by him/her to any of the activities of IFAD, including field assignments and/or rotation within IFAD.
In the interest of making most cost effective use of funds and resources, we are only able to respond to applicants who are short-listed for interview. Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months should consider their application unsuccessful
Candidates may be required to take a written test and to deliver a presentation as well as participate in interviews