Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children is recruiting Radio Operator, the post holder will be accountable to the Safety and Security Manager (S&SM). S/he will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient safety and security management system. Manage radio communication between the field offices, installation, maintenance of HF radio security communication systems, and documenting radio usage protocols. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 3 months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Safety and Security Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provide support in the Installation of HF base stations at the field offices.
- Supervision of the installation of HF mobile radios in vehicles by the contracted radio providers.
- Programming of the VHF radios.
- Provide field support in diagnosing, through trouble shooting repairing and fixing procured Radios in Wajir, Turkana, Samburu and Mandera.
- Assist in training of drivers in the monitoring, through HF radio updating and reporting of security-related events as they may arise.
- For the period of employment, assist in the processing of administrative security issues by assigning call signs and train drivers on International Radio Moss code and Alphabet.
- Transmission and receiving of radio signals.
- Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the SCI policies and the, Security Risk Management process for the designated area of operation
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years relevant experience with Save the children International.
- Minimum “O Level” and or Certificate in Radio operations or equivalent previous experience with SCI.
- Ability to install Radio equipment evidenced through prior experience of works of similar nature ( HF system is essential)
- Security risk management experience in humanitarian context.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Good understanding of radio operations in emergency.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience of working in an insecure environment and hard to reach areas.
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload
- Proof of ability and capacity to train and equip staff with requisite skills to better manage radio HF equipment
- Understanding of child rights programming.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and to Save the Children’s vision, mission and values.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Deadline 8 Sep 2020 – 23:59 EAT
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents