Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
The Planning and Performance manager will be responsible for managing the financial planning and the performance management process in d.light and providing d.light leadership management information to support decision making and improved performance. The position will also work to facilitate strategic planning through preparation of financial -ordination and preparation of the annual budget and periodic revised forecasts and performance management through analysis, review and preparation of periodic financial reports.
The role requires a commercially astute individual with strong planning and analysis skills, able to look beyond the numbers and understand the wider business context that results in effective business partnering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in setting the d.light finance strategy and objectives.
- Preparation of rolling forecasts by taking the ideas and strategy and translating them into meaningful financial information such as profitability, balance sheet growth, growth impacts, capital and funding requirements.
- Preparation of key macro and micro assumptions for input into the planning and budgeting process.
- Overall management, co-ordination and preparation of the annual business plan, capital expenditure, operating budget and periodic revised forecasts
- Challenge the plans of business units and integrate those plans into the d.light business plan.
- Develop and implement reporting of key management information (MI) ensuring data integrity and timely communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop performance benchmarks for business units and d.light and monitor performance against these.
- Drive the required business analysis and related process for making recommendations for new or improving performance opportunities.
- Manage performance against the budget for each business unit and d.light as a whole.
- Discuss, plan, and monitor interventions to keep the business units on budget
- Provide detailed monthly performance statements and analysis for business units, and d.light as a whole.
- Investigation of variances and recommending remedial measures where necessary
- Identify areas of performance shortfall and propose corrective interventions to d.light management team.
- Preparation of against budget
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Market share and competitive analysis
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years in a senior financial position
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACA) and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous financial modelling and data mining experience
- An appreciation and a good understanding of macroeconomics and external factors affecting the business strategies adopted, and market serviced by d.light.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data for acceptability and correctness.
- Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
- Experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com before 15th September 2020.