Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Digital Divide Data Kenya Ltd.
Digital Divide Data (“DDD”) is a US social enterprise that has successfully delivered work to hundreds of international clients from four operation centers around the globe, including the center in Nairobi. From a small data entry operation in Cambodia founded in 2001, the company now offers a wide range of digital content and technology services. DDD is the largest technology-related employer in Cambodia and Laos and recently won Kenya’s Vision 2030 Award for the Best BPO. DDD’s unique Impact Sourcing model has developed a growing network of young professionals and propelled hundreds of families out of poverty.
For nearly two decades, DDD has provided content, data, and technology services to the world’s leading organizations and enterprises, including universities and research institutions, cultural heritage organizations, nonprofits, and commercial enterprises.
About the role
Digital Divide Data Kenya Ltd. (“DDD Kenya”) is looking for a Finance Manager to manage the administrative and finance functions in Kenya. They are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional knowledge and experience in financial accounting and management reporting, capital and cash management, financial analysis and business intelligence. Additionally, this role will be responsible for ensuring full compliance with internal and external controls necessary for the successful fiscal and operational management of the company and for adherence to Kenyan laws and regulations.
The role reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), based in the USA, with a dotted line to the managing director of Kenya.
- Head and represent the Kenya finance function at the local and global company levels
- Manage and coach the Kenya finance staff to further develop their skills and ensure their continued dedication to the success of DDD Kenya
- Continuously improve processes and procedures within the Kenya finance department
- Lead and manage the accounting, reporting, and planning processes in accordance with DDD procedures and timelines
- Ensure full compliance with DDD’s controls and policies and with specific DDD Kenya guidelines as stated in ISO or other organizational compliance frameworks as well as affirm full compliance with Kenyan laws and regulations
- Carefully manage and control receivables, payables, expenses, and investments to ensure efficient operation of DDD’s business and social mission in Kenya in order to meet the annual financial and operational objectives
- Support the business leaders and department heads with insightful analyses as well as advice in relation to project profitability and optimal resource allocation
Does this sound like you?
- At least 7 years of work experience in the finance, accounting, and business administration functions with at least 2 years heading a finance department
- Solid background in financial accounting, budgeting, and management reporting
- Considerable experience working with senior leadership to make critical business decisions that delivered real business value
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and communication skills, ideally with experience of training finance and non-finance professionals from different backgrounds
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and flexibility, and the ability to work with integrity, humility and urgency
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, accounting software (Netsuite preferred) and IT systems
- Experience working in a fast-growing professional environment
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply.