Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The position holder will be accountable for planning and operations of cloud infrastructure that is composed of on-premise and on cloud container management platforms to support digital services. The position holder act as a leader of a team of cloud infrastructure responsible for setup and maintenance of cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Platform as a Service systems with Kubernetes and Kubernetes flavors such as Openshift.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the infrastructure with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Responsible for establishing and improving team processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and productivity of people and systems to support cloud infrastructure service.
- Lead in automation of infrastructure at massive scale to support scaling of digital services.
- Lead the ‘Open source first as a fit for the future initiative within the function.
- Responsible for deployment of public cloud IaaS and PaaS to support the bank’s cloud native services.
- Provide team management to the cloud infrastructure team.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT/ Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure planning or support in an environment with extensive Linux server environment.
- Certification in RedHat (RHCE/RHCSA) or Kubernetes or Openshift, AWS or Azure Architect/SysOps
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Experience with Configuration Management eg Chef, Ansible.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, Devops and Agile principles.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday 17th September 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.