Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Legal Librarian– Law Firm,
Our client is an established premier law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal services and solutions for both domestic and international clients. They are looking for a highly efficient Librarian who will be tasked with managing the legal library and monitoring the library operations.
- Organize, classify and Catalogue all the library material and maintain an up to date index of all Kenyan legislation and ensure that the library and the firm have sufficient copies of up to date legislation to run efficiently.
- Shelving library materials and maintaining collections using established systems and procedures.
- Assisting personnel with searches of particular Statutes both in and out of Kenya, including pending bills and case law
- Track legal notices listed in the Kenya Gazette (both the Friday edition and Special Supplement).
- Purchase of all materials necessary for updating the library including gazettes, legal notices, Statutes, bills, and regulations,
- Updating library copies of Acts as amended.
- Performs both immediate reference and in-depth research searches; refers users to other resources as appropriate.
- Use automated information systems, databases, and other technology for a range of processing and service tasks.
- Provide instruction and guidance for use of library catalog, legal databases, legal research methodology, and procedures.
- Responds to in-library, phone, mail, email, and all client’s queries.
- Develop and maintain pathfinders, bibliographic resources, and research guides.
- Any other duty assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science, Library Studies or any other related qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a legal library.
- Must be good in Resource management and mobilizing skills;
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must have Excellent Library Management skills;
- Must have excellent reporting and writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
3 years’ experience working in as a Librarian in a Law firm is a MUST.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Legal Librarian-Law Firm) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 15th September 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process