Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will be the Head of Human Resource Management Department and will be responsible for the oversight all the human resource functions in the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Formulating and implementation of HR strategies, policies, rules, regulations and systems for the Authority;
- Forecasting and planning for human resource needs of the Authority;
- Initiating best practices in the management of human resource function;
- Championing change management programmes in the Authority;
- Managing succession plans of the Authority;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programmes;
- Leading the Authority in formulating and implementing efficient Performance Management Systems;
- Overseeing efficient management of staff welfare schemes and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations related to health & safety, HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug Substance Abuse, Gender and Disability Mainstreaming and other requirements in working environment;
- Managing and developing staff in the department
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a Management role in comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines :- Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP III) or Post graduate Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or Certified Public Secretaries Part 2 ( CPS 2) or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- HR Practicing Certificate with Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Certificate in Project Management from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants living with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The terms of appointment for the positions of Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management shall be for a Three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The terms of service for the positions of Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector shall be Permanent and Pensionable.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 28th September, 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for all positions should be addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director Generals Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke.