Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Red Cross Society with support with Finnish Red Cross will be implementing the Improving SRH and SRH Outcomes for Women of Reproductive Age with Disability Inclusion project in Tana River and Kilifi Counties. The project seeks to contribute to improved SRH and GBV outcomes benefiting an estimated 42,000 Women of Reproductive Age (WRA) and a healthier community in both Tana River and Kilifi Counties including 2,000 persons with disability by 2021. The Project will seek to contribute to improved county health systems for sustained delivery of quality SRH, MCH and GBV services and increased advocacy on government commitment to gender, disability sensitive policies.
The role will be responsible in supporting the Branch in development of work plans, budgets and monitoring plans for the implementation of SRH and GBV interventions in the communities, in collaboration with the County departments of Health, Education, Gender, and Ministry of Interior and coordination of National Government. Supervising the implementation of the SRH and GBV project in the branch/communities. Collaborating with branch management, volunteers and stakeholders in support of improved management of health emergencies in communities. Coordinate and link SRH and GBV project implementation between the branch and headquarters line departments.
- Implementation of SRH and GBV interventions in the branch and selected community Health Units in line program work plans;
- Ensure that SRH and GBV guidelines, protocols and monitoring systems are adhered to by the volunteers for efficient data collection, correlation, analysis, interpretation for timely reporting and dissemination of information;
- Work with volunteers (CHVs and RCVs), CHCs and communities to formulate functional health teams and protection groups in the project target areas for timely SRH and GBV prevention and response services.
- Provide technical support to build capacity of CHVs and RCVs and communities on SRH and GBV for behavior change.
- Support the branch and communities, and County Governments in SRH and GBV initiatives and contingency planning to respond to disasters and others health emergencies.
- Work with civil society, organizations of persons with disability, the media and health facilities in the catchment area to institute mechanism for SRH and GBV prevention and response.
- Participate in site-specific Coordination Platforms for SRH and GBV for sharing information, contributing to strengthened collaboration with partners, referral mechanisms, and advocacy for best practices.
- Ensure disaggregated and cumulative tracking of clients/beneficiaries and documentation of all activities and outcomes.
- Participate in preparation of internal and external reports, including submission of weekly and donor reports.
- Maintain program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of client.
- Ensure programming is on track to meet objectives; reporting daily on important issues that are cross-cutting.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health or Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Health information Management systems.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in implementation of SRH and GBV prevention and response interventions.
- Previous experience in implementation of disability inclusion
- Working experience at field level with recognized Organization with expertise in health and emergencies response;
- Experience in implementation of projects in multi-stakeholders environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in database collection and management.
- Proven ability to multi-task across various planning and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge, competency and professional skills on the public health aspects of SRH and GBV prevention and response.
- Analytical Skills
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Public speaking and presentation
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Networking, alliance building and stakeholder management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Project Planning and Management
- Team building and management
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 18th September 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.