Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Homa Bay County and Elgeyo Marakwet County, Homa Bay and Elgeyo Marakwet, Kenya
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
Background and Project summary
In order to prevent and further combat the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the WASH SDG Consortium partners (the Dutch WASH Alliance (WAI) led by SIMAVI, Plan Netherlands and SNV) are scaling up their efforts to access water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the most vulnerable countries, supporting local communities and governments, with information, awareness raising and improved access to WASH.
SNV in partnership with local county governments and civil society networks will implement the project called: Scaling up WASH SDG efforts: the first line of defence against COVID-19. In short: WASH First. This project will be implemented in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. In Kenya the project will be implemented in a total of four counties namely Elgeyo Marakwet, Homa Bay, Kericho and Nakuru between September 2020 and November 2021.
Reporting to the WASH Advisor, the Project Assistant will manage implementation of the WASH First project at county-level. The Assistant will support field level engagements in the implementation of the programme and support in planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluating programme interventions in the county. He/she will regularly assess field level programme interventions and report on the same giving recommendations for corrective action. As the Project Assitant in the county, he/she will contribute to learning in the county and across the project.
For programme implementation at county level, the Project Assistant will work closely with the County Department for Health and other relevant government departments as well as the county civil society network. He/she will be responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating programme interventions in the county. He/she will build strong partnerships with the relevant county departments and civil society networks and inspire them towards collective action. The Project Assistant will bear responsibility for achievement of programme results in the county.
- Manage the strategic implementation of WASH First activities at county level
- Coordinate project interventions with the relevant county departments and focal points of the civil society network
- Monitor and analyse progress made on project implementation; identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions.
- Financial management of programme interventions
- Prepare progress reports for all county interventions
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Degree in environmental health, community development, social sciences or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a WASH field level position;
- Project management skills (planning, administration, financial and monitoring)
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Experience working with local partners, including governmental agencies and civil society at county level;
- Previous work experience in relevant counties is an added advantage.
Duty Station: Homa Bay County (1 vacancy) and Elgeyo Marakwet County (1 vacancy)
Contract Type: National Employment
Contract Duration: 14 months
Desired start date: October 2020
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting an application letter and CV that contains three referees in English before 15th September, 2020.
Please indicate your county of interest (Homa Bay or Elgeyo Marakwet) as the reference line on the cover letter.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment