Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
A&K is generally considered the leading corporate law firm in Kenya and is the largest full-service corporate law firm in East Africa with over 100 lawyers. A&K has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, as well as a legal consultancy firm in Dubai, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota (AC&H), which provides corporate and commercial legal services. Our close ties with AC&H allow us to seamlessly service clients based in the UAE on their transactions in Africa.
In 2019, A&K won Large Law Firm of the Year Award by LSK Nairobi Branch. A&K has also been named “African Law Firm of the Year – Large Practice” four times since the launch of the awards in 2013, by the prestigious African Legal Awards, which celebrate “excellence, achievement and innovation in the legal profession.” A&K is also ranked first in Kenya by various legal guides, including Chambers Global, IFLR1000, and Legal 500.
A&K is the founding member of ALN, an alliance of leading corporate law firms currently in fifteen key African jurisdictions and the UAE, providing seamless and effective legal, advisory and transactional services across the continent. ALN has a presence in Francophone, Anglophone, Lusophone and Arabic speaking Africa: Algeria, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Roles and responsibilities
The Senior Graphic Designer will be part of the Marketing and Communications team within the Business Development department, reporting to the Head of Business Development, Marketing & Communications. Their core responsibility will be to support the firm to create and maintain a visual brand by working on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, newsletters, posters, and corporate communications.
This role will require an individual who is highly committed, a creative thinker and has a high level of attention to detail. The role will also require an individual with the ability to work under pressure and challenging deadlines.
In more detail, the core areas of responsibility include:
1. Designing web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, newsletters, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
2. Meeting with internal clients to gain an understanding of their expectations; creating or incorporating illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
3. Ensuring all designed materials comply with the firm’s brand standards.
4. From time to time, updating the firm’s website and intranet.
5. Producing drafts for review by clients and making amendments based on the feedback received.
6. Reviewing final productions for errors and ensuring that final prints reflect internal client specifications.
7. Ensuring projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
8. Prioritising and managing multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions; and
9. Working with a wide range of media and using graphic design software e.g. Adobe’s Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign among others.
Experience and personal qualities
This role will require a person with relevant graphic design experience, with the highest level of commitment.
The following experience is preferred:
· Diploma, Higher Diploma or Degree in Design or related fields;
· Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in graphic design;
· Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
· Familiar with mock-up software such as Adobe XD or Figma
· A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics;
· A good understanding of marketing, website design, corporate identity, and multimedia design;
· A keen eye for aesthetics and details;
· Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines;
· Up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies; and
· Exceptional illustration talent.
· Ability to interpret a technical brief to produce desired results
· Strong HTML and CSS skills
The following personal qualities are preferred:
· Excellent communication skills: ability to convey ideas in a clear and concise way;
· A strong eye for visual composition;
· Strong written/oral communications, research and proofreading skills;
· Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
· Must be able to think analytically and strategically;
· Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently;
· Imaginative and forward thinking: open minded and agile in media and content perspectives; and
· Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve.
This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description of other requirements which include adherence to firm policies and procedures as well as department performance standards.
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing this position GD/BD/20 by 1:00pm (GMT) on
Friday, 11th September 2020.