Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The University of Maryland Baltimore, through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministry of Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services. MGIC- Kenya would like to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
PROGRAM: TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR PUBLIC HEALTH INITIATIVES IN KENYA (TAPHIK)
JOB SUMMARY: This position reports to the country director and is the overall lead and key contact for all programmatic and technical issues of TAPHIK grant., responsible for ensuring program outcomes. In collaboration with principle investigator and country director the program coordinator will work closely with Centre for International Health Education and Bio-safety Kenya (CIHEB-Kenya) and KEMRI sub-grantees to execute, and continually update the program’s strategies and scopes of work towards the desired goals. **
Collaborate with CIHEB-Kenya and KEMRI to develop a strategy for the roll-out and implementation of case-based surveillance (CBS) activities in supported facilities in Migori and Siaya counties
Develop and implement a system to capture CBS activities in select facilities using paper-based records systems including standard operating procedures that can guide dissemination to more facilities
Participate in county and National technical meetings on CBS
Evaluate and disseminate information on the various strategies used to implement CBS activities through this grant with a focus on the use of QED and ODK platforms to inform future implementation and scale up
Participate in any other research activities through KEMRI’s TB and HIV (HISS) Branch with technical support from CDC
Coordinate UMB’s support for HIV Research and TB Laboratories at KEMRI
Prepare and present monthly reports on TAPHIK’s progress to CDC and the UMB (in-country and headquarters)
· Appropriate Medical Degree or equivalent qualification. Post graduate degree or Diploma in HIV management, research or specialist qualification in HIV related field will be an added advantage.
· 5 years’ experience with TB and ARVs, surveillance, research methodology, monitoring and evaluation
· Experience of clinical systems in the area of HIV/TB
· Experience in dealing with county health authorities
· Experience with US Guidelines and Ministry of Health projects and reporting requirements
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels
· Demonstrated skill in giving and formulating clinical trainings
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
· Ability to work in a diverse team
· Organized, thorough and accurate approach to work.
How to apply
Kindly send your application that includes a Cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 24th September, 2020. Applicants are advised to include the position title Program Coordinator as the subject. The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.