Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervises: Deputy Executive Director, Director, Finance & Admin, HR Manager, Communication & Knowledge Manager & Legal Advisor
Contract Duration: Four-year renewable contract, which is subject to performance. This contract is renewable only once.
Category: Executive Management
This position is intended for candidates keen and committed to engaging with all actors to turn the tide.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
The jobholder is responsible for offering strategic leadership in the execution of KHRC mandate by fundraising, initiating partnerships and collaborative initiatives. The role holder is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of KHRC programs and ensuring that there is internal and external capacity both in the short and long term. The position is critical in ensuring the implementation of the new strategy, evaluating and initiating new program interventions and offering technical guidance to Program staff. The position facilitates the appropriate projection of the image of the Commission by managing its representation and projecting its position of the contemporary issues relevant to the Commission.
- Leading and supervising all affairs and business of the KHRC in line with the new strategy provided by the Board;
- Ensuring implementation of the KHRC’s new strategy through the preparation and implementation of its annual operational plans;
- Providing leadership within the human rights community and, in particular, with respect to human rights crises not anticipated by the strategy.
Organising, mobilising and advocacy.
- Ensuring the KHRC’s continued leadership within the human rights community and a collective, coordinated response to the social justice demands of the current times;
- Ensuring mutually beneficial relations to the benefit of human rights between the KHRC and all stakeholders at the national, regional and international levels—rights holders, partners, grantmakers, relevant governmental bodies (internally and externally) and relevant intergovernmental organisations.
- Representing the organization and the broader human rights community, nationally, regionally and internationally, as the face and voice of KHRC
Internal governance and staff development.
- Providing quarterly updates to the Board and acting as Secretary to the Board.
- Guiding KHRC’s Executive Management in managing the day-to-day affairs of the Secretariat.
- Ensuring pleasant and productive inter-programmes communication, coordination and conflict resolution when necessary.
Fundraising and FINANCIAL sustainability
- Leading in fundraising by identifying and liaising with existing and new grantmakers to ensure financing of the KHRC’s strategy and annual Operational Plans.
- Ensuring implementation of the KHRC’s financial sustainability strategy.
- Ensure the appropriate management, safekeeping and use of all the KHRC’s assets, financial and otherwise, in line with the KHRC’s policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will have proven their creativity and commitment to human rights in Kenya through;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & JOB COMPETENCIES
- A Master’s degree in Sociology, Political Science, Law or any other related field; and a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Political Science, Law or any other related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ experience in a development sector environment context of advocacy or in a rights-based thematic environment; and
- Exposure to dealing with rights-based advocacy with respect to governance and constitutional minority group rights protection.
- Good command and understanding of constitutionalism, law and contemporary issues around rights-based advocacy and policy mobilisation;
- Ability to think strategically, develop high-level initiatives and manage high-level roll-out;
- Ability to engage at corporate levels with organizations, institutions, public service and the state institutions;
- Ability to conceptualize, evaluate and implement creative initiatives that support the cause of KHRC;
- Proven ability to foster cross-institutional collaboration and partnerships as well as working arrangements involving more than one donor;
- Proven ability in managing multi-donor grants in a multiplicity of programs and thematic areas.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili with ability to communicate effectively, excellent interpersonal as well as written and oral presentation skills.
Personal Attributes & Skills
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the Commission
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the profile, submit your application and CV detailing your suitability for the post and include a daytime telephone contact and three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org .The closing date for this position is on 18th September 2020.
- KHRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will seek to recruit the most qualified person for the job irrespective of race, colour, marital status, ethnicity, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted