Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) REF. NO. NHIF/DICT/003/20
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will provide strategic corporate Information and Communication Technology services including selection, acquisition, development and installation of all ICT systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Lead, direct and oversee ICT function and ensure continuous operation and cost-efficiency of the ERP information systems, data analytics systems, networks, database and data security systems.
- Develop and implement NHIF’s ICT strategy in consultation with the Board, CEO and other directorates;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Information Systems & Security and Infrastructure and Services departments’ strategic and operational plans and performance measurement that promotes accountability and success;
- Lead and promote a strong internal ICT customer service culture, ensuring a service delivery approach that is responsive to the operational and strategic needs of the NHIF;
- Oversee the development, implementation, coordination and the preparation of strategic procurement plans and tender specifications for purchasing capital equipment, goods and services as provided in the annual budget of the Directorate of ICT.
INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGN AND SUPPORT
- Supervise the management of planning, development, deployment, operations and maintenance of IT based information systems in NHIF, including the branches;
- Supervise the management of secure NHIF ICT enterprise infrastructure and services;
- Guide and coordinate all ICT projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for NHIF while managing all ICT vendor relationships;
- development and implementation of systems for data analytics, data quality assurance and accountability for data management and use;
POLICY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION AND INNOVATION
- Oversee development and implementation of ICT policies;
- Develop, manage and monitor the ICT budgets and policy guidelines
- Seek for innovative, integrated, reliable and sustainable technology services.
- promote a culture of continuous improvement and business excellence, recognizing achievement and innovation;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of systems for data analytics, data quality assurance and accountability for data management and use;
- Implement and educate on cost effective, best practice and sustainable ICT capability for internal and external stakeholders including Scheme members and healthcare providers;
- Oversee coordination of ICT needs with other NHIF directorates, branch offices and external institutions to support planning and development of information systems;
- Build a sustainable positive working environment within the Directorate for ICT
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and make individual contributions on an unprecedented scale.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes without losing focus on the strategic goal.
- Ability to establish and lead a team to achieve a common goal.
- Strong work and professional ethic and integrity.
- Manage strong relationships with both internal and external customers
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A Bachelors with a Master’s degree in any of the following: IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, ICT Project Management, Computer Engineering or their equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- A holder of an ICT professional certification in either IT Management, Information Security, CISM, CEH, CompTIA Security or their equivalent.
- A member in good standing of an ICT Professional body.
- Minimum twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience, four (4) of which is in a managerial role.
- Experienced in leading through coaching, mentoring staff with a deep understanding of business operations in healthcare sector
HOW TO APPLY
We appreciate your application and advise that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national ID and other relevant supporting documents and submitted through email@example.com to The Chief Executive Officer by 16th September, 2020.
All applications should be clearly marked “Position Title and Reference Number on the subject line.
Applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance certificate).