Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HEAD LEGAL SERVICES AND CORPORATION SECRETARY
REF. NO. NHIF/HLS/005/20
Reporting administratively to the CEO and to the Board on corporation secretarial services, the successful candidate will head the legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire corporation including provision of legal counsel to the board of directors, chief executive officer and other senior management. The candidate must possess strong initiative, excellent management and leadership skills and strong business acumen.
- Provide guidance on the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations and ensure adequacy of controls to mitigate legal and other risks that may arise.
- Establish and maintain effective legal processes, systems and standardized documentation.
- Lead the provision of legal advice to the Board, management and staff, proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches;
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations by the Board and Management;
- Vet and draft legal documents including contracts and leases;
- Liaise with other government agencies and on legal matters affecting NHIF
- Render professional legal advice for any legal action to be initiated and/ or defending the interests of NHIF
- Monitor legal developments and trends in policies, bills, and serve as source of legal information.
- Review and provide of feedback on legal aspects of all Committees of the Board
- Ensure the Board and Management’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Preparing legal opinions, advisories and briefs on litigation matters where necessary.
- Organize and establish day-to-day management of legal staff.
- Provide performance guidance and coaching of the legal staff.
- Prepare and timely circulate Board minutes and Committee papers.
- Ability to communicate and function in a change oriented setting with good knowledge of Public Sector management.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of other state agencies, corporate and government and to present legal advice on various management issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to review under strict deadlines long and complex transactions.
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree is a strong added advantage.
- Possess a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Council of Legal Education in Kenya.
- A holder of CPS (K) certification and a member in good standing.
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and member of LSK with a valid practicing certificate.
- A minimum of nine (9) years, with three (3) years at managerial level in a busy legal and/ or corporate board secretarial function in an organization of similar size as NHIF.
HOW TO APPLY
We appreciate your application and advise that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national ID and other relevant supporting documents and submitted through email@example.com to The Chief Executive Officer by 16th September, 2020.
All applications should be clearly marked “Position Title and Reference Number on the subject line.
Applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance certificate).