Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chief of Party, USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative, Kenya
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the seven-year USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative project. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to quickly understand the successes and challenges on the ground, and to take prompt action, if needed.
SI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to provide oversight and management of this contract. The COP will will travel to Somalia, as necessary, to manage the entire IDIQ and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall IDIQ and TO requirements, including staffing, cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the IDIQ and associated TOs. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya, contingent on contract award.
**Please note: Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship are eligible to apply**
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract and overseeing all quality control and reporting.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials.Travel to Somalia as necessary to ensure management of the IDIQ.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- At least three years of experience as a COP or three years of experience managing a business unit within a larger organization, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Somalia as necessary.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.