Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Local Data Management Specialist, USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative, Somalia
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Local Data Management Specialist to lead on data management processes, assessments, and reporting activities on the contract, in conjunction with the DCOP.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan or Somali citizenship will be considered.**
- Lead on database management for ELMI activities and ensure that all results and analyses are properly documented and distributed to inform program development and that the data sets are provided to USAID following Open Data requirements.
- Ensure project data meets USAID quality standards.
- Conduct data analysis and cross-checking to ensure consistency with AMELPs, Mission PMPs, DQAs, PPRs, and other relevant USAID documents.
- Lead data quality assurance.
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy, statistics, and/or other relevant field.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in information and data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID data quality standards and data management systems.
- Experience with USAID reporting requirements and experience working with AMELPs, Mission PMPs, DQAs, PPRs, and other relevant documents for data consistency.
- Familiarity with a diverse set of programming, e.g. health, economic growth, education, governance, etc.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency.
- Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.