Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kisumu Water and Sanitation Company (KIWASCO) Limited was founded in 2001 and began its operations in July 2003 to provide adequate clean potable water and to collect, treat, and dispose sewerage (wastewater) within the jurisdiction of Kisumu City. In 2019, the company changed its name from a sewerage to Sanitation Company, in order to expand its scope and mandate of providing sanitation services in Kisumu County. KIWASCO supplies water 24 hours, everyday.
The core objective of KIWASCO is to make the water and sewerage services provision a commercial activity that generates sufficient revenue to sustain operations.
About the Role
KIWASCO is looking for an Executive Assistant to the Managing Director. As the company continues to expand its operations, the Executive Assistant is expected to assist the Managing Director in managing their busy schedule and to assist in facilitating emails for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle critical tasks allocated by the Managing Director.
- Fix meetings for the Managing Director with staff, suppliers, bankers, and other external parties.
- Prepare the Managing Directors diary, daily schedules, reminders, and plan various activities for the Managing Director (appointments, meetings, travel, etc.)
- Taking charge of documents and files including classified materials to safeguard against unauthorised access.
- Handle stakeholders including stakeholder meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- Handle the Director’s visitors and direct them accordingly for proper coordination of activities in the MDs office.
- Overlook critical events organised by the company to ensure a good preparation organization where CEO, Directors, Key customers, investors have been invited.
- Maintain and keep critical records and files in an organised manner.
- Type and dispatch mail from the Director’s office and ensure they are filed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Receive and open incoming mail to pass communication to the relevant individuals.
- Make and receive telephone calls in the Director’s office.
- Prepare documents for the various board committees including full board meetings.
- Communicate meeting reminders and board reports with relevant Board and Committee members including their Assistants.
- Process all official correspondence received as authorised.
Does this Sound Like You?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in an Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant/Secretarial role
- Experience with scheduling a calendar and managing diary for an executive
- IT Skills (Word, Powerpoint, Calendar, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (particularly in English)
- Ability to deal with confidential information and difficult guests
- Ability to multitask and manage various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Have high attention to detail
Preferred (Nice to haves):
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any related field
- Fluent in Swahili
Candidate Attribute (Culture Fit):
- Team Player