Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Environmental Monitoring Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing technical support, advice and assistance to monitoring field staff and assist with the oversight of the implementation of all environmental monitoring either directly or through its consults and to ensure the efficient planning and implementation of all environmental monitoring programme.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in implementing Base Environmental monitoring programme, which includes the meteorological monitoring, surface water and ground water characteristics monitoring.
- Planning and implementing routine and specialist programmes, involving both Kenyan and international laboratories.
- Carrying out field monitoring and laboratory analysis.
- Maintaining and developing Standard Operation Procedures for all environmental monitoring activities.
- Demonstrating initiative and motivation.
- Optimizing the monitoring effort by continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Efficiently utilizing resources and time through balancing and prioritizing multiple activities.
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and be required to have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Management/relevant Diploma or
- Certificates in fields related to Environmental Monitoring or Laboratory Analysis.
- Experience in Environmental Management Systems implementation on training audit and risk management.
- Proven experience of at least 1 year in implementation of Environmental Monitoring Programme, research & Ecological work.
- Good understanding of workplace Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Must be physically fit as required to conduct extensive field work in a challenging environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and fluency in Ms Office including Access, Word and Excel.
- Competence in spoken and written English.
- A valid Driver’s License with a minimum of 5 years experience.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the Environmental Monitoring Supervisor online at www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 23rd September 2020.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to complete a practical and written assessment and attend an oral interview.
Base is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.