Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Assistant Reinsurance Manager, Jubilee General Insurance Limited (JGIL). The position holder will report to the Head of Reinsurance, JGIL and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The job holder will assist in the implementation of the company’s reinsurance programme, based on overall company’s objectives, underwriting and reinsurance philosophy. He/she will also manage the expectations of all reinsurance stakeholders
- Assist in delivering effective reinsurance services to the business in line with the company reinsurance philosophy
- Ensure that all risks accepted are properly reinsured in line with the reissuance contracts in place and the company reinsurance strategy document.
- Assist in the design, negotiation and renewal of reinsurance treaties in line with the business needs and regulatory guidelines
- Regular review of the reinsurance premium register to ensure risks are ceded optimally and in line with the reinsurance arrangements in place.
- Ensure timely facultative placement of any risks beyond company’s capacity with approved securities
- Ensure timely issuance of reinsurance documentation such as facultative credit notes and any other closings, immediately after risk renewal/inception
- Ensure treaty parameters are correctly set up and are properly functioning
- Seek for competitive terms and special acceptance for treaty excluded risks from the reinsurers, either directly or through reinsurance brokers
- Support the servicing and growth of international and facultative inwards business.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements governing risks placements and timely reinsurance data submission to the IRA.
- Establish and maintain relationships with reinsurers and reinsurance brokers to cultivate goodwill for business
- Prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics on a regular basis.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reinsurance periodical returns in line with treaty terms and conditions
- Ensure timely settlement of reinsurance premiums, both treaty and facultative
- Maintain a good record of treaty contracts and facultative placement slips
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Good analytical skills
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good understanding of General Insurance products
- Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance Slips preparation
- Accounting background will be an added advantage
- Bachelor of Commerce (Insurance Option) or Business degree
- ACII or AIIK insurance qualification
Closing Date: 21st September, 2020