Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting To: Director, Strathmore University Medical Centre
Basic job summary: The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager will be ensuring that there is a cohesive approach to improving clinical standards through best practice (GCP) and the infrastructure required for Clinical governance in the medical centre.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategy Execution: Provide a focal point for medical centre departments on development and change to clinical services and assume the lead role for clinical governance particularly clinical audit, mortality reviews, CME, case discussions and reporting processes and structures;
- Administrative Services: Oversee the maintenance of administrative and medical services in the medical center;
- Consultation: Provide advice on professional medical issues, clinical developments, clinical service improvements, and community relations;
- Recruitment: Participate actively in the orientation programs of new clinical staff to organization’s policy, philosophy, health Centre functions, and procedures to encourage effective teamwork;
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Work with the Director Medical Centre and People and Culture Manager to ensure career planning and workforce planning for medical staff;
- Advocate: Address personnel and staffing issues, ensuring that they are managed effectively and in accordance with employment law, institutional policies, and statutory requirements;
- Compliance: Work with the Risk and Compliance Manager to ensure appropriate management, reporting and outcomes of all complaints;
- Capacity Building: Facilitate capacity building of the medical staff by organizing continuous medical education seminars, case discussions, and participating in the on-going training offered by the health care services and other related institutions;
- Supervision: Support the Director in managing the human capital in the medical centre through day to day supervision, performance management, training needs assessment, and overall staff motivation.
- Master’s Degree in a clinical medicine field or any other related field from a recognised institution
- Registered medical practitioner with the Kenya Medical Practitioners Board eligible for consultant status
- Seven (7) years working experience in a busy hospital with at least three (3) years in a managerial position
Competencies and Attributes
- Drive and passion for improving clinical standards
- Multi-professional approach to patient management and care
- High standard of personal and corporate integrity
- Strong leadership qualities and people management
- Lead and work effectively with teams
- BLS, ACLS, interaction with healthcare quality systems
Work Environment: This role is based at the Strathmore University Medical Centre.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Senior Manager Clinical Services” on the subject line to email@example.com by 17th September 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.