Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as a General Accountant. The holder of this position will be responsible for recording financial transactions into the general ledger for Kenya companies, preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations, management of intercompany accounts and execution of financial controls relating to General ledger.
- Perform month-end closure of the General Ledger.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Process month journals for provisions, accruals and allocation of prepayment accounts.
- Perform direct and indirect cost allocations.
- Assist teams with queries in respect of financial issues related to their departments.
- Assist in preparation of monthly results reporting pack and commentary.
- Accounting for fixed asset depreciation and capitalisation of fixed assets.
- Preparation of supporting documentation for internal and regulatory audits.
- Liaison with regional offices and accounting for intercompany transactions.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and other regional reports.
- Responsible for execution of financial controls relating to the General ledger.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce/Finance.
- Minimum four years’ experience in Accounting/ Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Experience with SAP EPR.
Technical/ Behavioural Competencies
- Effective client interaction, analysis and project management skills.
- Experience in drafting of presentations and reports for review.
- Proficient in SAP HANA.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Excel, power point.
- Basic financial knowledge and understanding.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self.
- Client delivery focus.
- Focus on quality and awareness of risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Displays business acumen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 25 September 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.