Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, a supermarket chain, is recruiting a Head of Finance to join their growing team.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. Responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
The Head of Finance will be expected to continually identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business’ finance function.
- Provide financial advice and information to the Managing Director and the senior team, develop and maintain financial and investment strategies.
- Provide an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels
- Work with the office team to develop finance policies and procedures and ensure that these are being consistently followed – including customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control, and ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers.
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines
- Ensure that budgets and management accounts accurately reflect the business activity, accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
- Responsible for reporting on the overall business risk assessment and management process of the organization
- Assess and document risks faced by the company in line with corporate governance principles.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values and leadership competencies and that encourages high performance and rewards productivity.
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance or similar role
- Knowledgeable in category management and retail operations
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 25th September 2020
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.