Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERT NO. 19/2020 – STATE COUNSEL/PRINCIPAL, JOB GRADE BRS 4 (1) POST
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director General.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Principal State Counsel provides support to the Director General (DG) in all aspects of his/her work; to guarantee a smooth, efficient, and effectively run office, whilst maintaining an overview of the functioning of the Service. The Principal State Counsel is often the first point of contact for the DG’s Office for both internal and outside enquiries. The role therefore requires excellent multicultural communication and inter-personal skills and an overview of the workings of the entire organization. The Principal State Counsel is expected to handle sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and discretion. Specifically the Principal state counsel perform the following duties: Provides administrative support, perform research ,coordination and oversight to the Director General’s Office (DGO), setting work priorities and ensuring deadlines are met; Prepare and deliver weekly reports; Serves as the first point of contact for the DG for internal and external parties; Manages the DG’s daily schedule and office task list; Arranges the DG’s meetings, ensuring agenda and documentation are made available and distributed in a timely manner ; Ensure effective communication between the management and the Director General as well as between different levels of management; Liaise with other departments and prepare DG’s presentations ; Assist the Director General in the Implementation of the decisions of the Board ; Ensures the highest level of discretion, judgment, and diplomacy in providing a wide range of executive assistant support; sets priorities; manages the workflow in an efficient and organized manner; Establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures of the executive office ; On a needs basis, acts as rapporteur and prepares and distribute minutes/updates; monitors follow-up actions as required; and performance of such other duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Principal/State Counsel if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has served in the grade of a State Counsel II or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelors of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member, in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK);
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates professional competence;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form and the detailed job requirements, duties, and responsibilities for each position should be downloaded from either of the following websites; www.brs.go.ke, www.publicservice.go.ke or http://www.amsol.co.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position where they are most suited.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 5th October, 2020.