Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Key Populations Clinical Officer in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui counties.
The Key Populations Clinical Officer will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of project deliverables at the Key Population (KP) Drop-in Centre (DiCE) and during outreach sessions. He/she will liaise with the SCASCOs and other SCHMT within the DICE catchment area, other Government Officers and Stakeholders at County and Sub County level. He/she will report to the County Key Populations Technical Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall coordination of the KP activities in the Drop-in Centre including supervision of staff and ensure allocated targets are met
- Ensure provision of screening and treatment for STI to clients in a KPs friendly environment
- Ensure promotion, demonstration of correct use and distribution of condoms
- Ensure the provision of reproductive health and post GBV care services
- Provision of PEP and PrEP
- Ensure HIV positive KPs are enrolled in care and treatment and follow up on treatment outcomes
- Ensure facilitation of health education sessions to Key population.
- Ensure provision of risk assessment and risk reduction counselling to the KPs
- Work with other DiCE team members for the provision of structural interventions to the KPs
- Advise patients on health maintenance, disease prevention and provide case management
- Ensure functional Intra and inter-facility/community referral system for KP services that are not available within the DICE or during outreaches
- Ensure effective operation of the clinic in the standards required. Create effective awareness of hygiene and health services
- Ensure maintenance of adequate stocks of drugs, non-pharmacy supplies as well as safe custody of all consumable supplies and equipment in the DiCE
- Collect client data and store appropriately
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all levels
- Compile and submit timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the supervisor and MOH
- Work closely with the MOH staff for ownership and sustainability of KP interventions
- Document lessons learnt and challenges to inform program decisions.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized Medical training institute.
- Valid HIV management training
- Valid registration with Kenya Registered Clinical Officer is required
- Valid HTS certificate certified by NASCOP is desirable
- Should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an HIV program
- Experience working with KPs is desired
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as, Key Population Clinical Officer: CHS/HR/KPCO/005/2020 by 5.00 PM Monday, September 21, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification