IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
No of Position: 3
Reporting To: Production and Distribution Supervisor
Department: Technical Department
Job summary: Repair and Maintenance of Water Distribution Line
Job Grade 7 (I)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all pumping sets are attended to.
- Ensure daily update of plant operation registers.
- Ensure recording and reporting on daily productions.
- servicing and maintenance of production and zonal meters
- Ensure cleanliness of the pump and control panel house.
- Ensure equitable distribution of water as per rationing schedule.
- Undertake intense line patrols identify and promptly report all burst, leakages and all section not receiving water due to blockage or otherwise to the non-revenue team and undertake repairs and restoration of supply in pipe diameters of 20mm and 32mm.
- Curb continued water losses through tank overflow, burst and leakages by immediate isolation of the sections.
- Identify and report to the non -revenue team all exposed pipe section within the distribution networks.
- Routine inspections and maintenance of all electro mechanical installations.
- Any other duty given by the immediate supervisor.
- Produce written daily work reports.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade a candidate must have a KCSE D+ or KCE Division I Certificate in Water Engineering or Plumbing with a minimum 2 years’ Experience. Knowledge of: Principles and practices of water distribution maintenance and repair. Basic principles of water treatment. Common tools, materials, and motorized vehicles and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of a water distribution system. Pumps, valves and backflow devices. Basic mathematical principles. Safe work practices and policies.
How to Apply
Written applications together with the required credentials should be send to:
The Human Resource and Admin Officer
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited
P. 0 BOX 333 – 00206, KISERIAN
Applications should reach the Company Offices located at Isalu Centre Ground Floor at Ongata Rongai along Magadi Road on or before 5th October, 2020 by end of business.