Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VA/3. SENIOR OFFICER – COMMUNICATIONS & LIAISON (GOVERNMENT RELATIONS, STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENTS) (2 Positions-Based in Nairobi)
Reporting to the Manager — Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, the Incumbent will promote positive relations with government functionaries and enhance public understanding of MCK’s role of creating an enabling policy and legal framework for Media Regulation and Development in Kenya as enshrined in the Media Council Act, 2013.
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior leadership to develop communications strategies that improve MCK visibility and inform, educate and influence public policy to support its mission and work;
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support MCK programmes and advise Management with proactive suggestions;
- Monitor and engage with political and regulatory audiences to collect public opinion and views on emerging concerns or specific issues that require MCK attention and response;
- Promote interactive relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences and media;
- Generate communication content and data for update of website/social sites and production/ distribution of publications;
- Participate in development of media and communication strategies and activities;
- Archive and document all communication informational for future reference
- Tracking releases, pitches and developing reports on news media coverage
- Attend functions and other special events to gather data for subsequent communications
- Degree in Mass Communication from a recognized university
- Member of Public relations society of Kenya
- Five (5) years relevant working experience
Key Skills and attributes
- Writing, Computer Proficiency MS Office, Editing, Research, Interpersonal, Analytical, Presentation, Organizational, Integrity, Team player, Public relations and media management skills, Problem solving and decision solving, Well groomed, Agile, Innovative and Creative
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification