Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics (Busara) welcomes submissions for Expressions of Interest to consultants who specialise in Data Science and Statistics at an advanced level, for purposes of pre-qualification for the provision of their consulting services.
Busara is a research and advisory firm dedicated to advancing behavioral science in the Global South. We help clients understand human behaviors and design solutions to scale products, programs and policies. We have been applying Behavioral Science for the last 5 years in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Peru, Fiji, and India.
Areas of Need
Consultants will be called upon to create, explore, evaluate and work on Busara projects, products and internal systems while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team on a wide range of projects. This is a hands-on role requiring someone who is comfortable with coding. Consultants will assist in the following areas:
- Development and deployment of machine learning solutions
- Extraction of data from SQL databases
- Delivery of big data projects
- Development of interactive dashboards in RShiny or Power BI
- Evaluating experiments using quasi-experimental methods
Consultants will need to meet the following technical requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience in full-time use of R.
- Experience in tackling machine learning problems in the areas of: classification, clustering, and prediction.
- Working knowledge of analysing results of experiments such as A/B testing.
- At least 3 years’ of working experience in the areas of Data Science, Data Analytics, and/or Statistics post-university.
- Have completed undergraduate studies with at least a second class honours degree in: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or relevant fields.
- Experience with Survey CTO, ODK, or an equivalent survey tool is an added advantage.
- Clear communicator both orally and written. Able to present technical information visually and in layman terms.
- Able to quickly grasp project needs and identify appropriate deliverables that meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify opportunities and use cases where advanced analytics can be applied.
- Excellent collaborator requiring minimal follow-up.
- Able to take ownership of deliverables and provide scientific or rational justification for approaches taken.
- Keen eye for detail without losing the “big picture” in terms of project objectives.
Interested consultants are invited to submit the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Link to Github profile (optional)
- Examples or descriptions of past work done (attach as cover letter)
- All inclusive monthly rate for consulting services valid for 1 year – in Kenya Shillings or USD.
- Academic and professional certificates will be requested of pre-qualified consultants
Consultants will be pre-qualified to provide services in the areas identified and thereafter be engaged on a need-basis. Individual consultants with academic or research backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
These are NOT full-time positions and will NOT translate into full-time employment at Busara.
Deadline and Submission
Please submit your applications by 16 October 2020.