Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Thunes mission is to enable businesses and their customers to participate in the global economy by providing them fast and affordable cross-border payments. Interconnecting mobile wallet operators, platforms, merchants, money transfer operators, payment service providers and banks to facilitate seamless payments, we unlock opportunities for millions of people and businesses in emerging and developed markets.
To enable a world where emerging and developed markets have seamlessly interconnected cross-border payments.
Our team is committed to think big, work hard and smart and do the right thing. Above all we love what we do and we have fun!
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. Without a trusted, neutral and interoperable aggregator, the partners of a payment transaction would waste time and costly resources developing their connections to multiple systems. Multiple connections would also mean that these actors have to charge higher prices, which could prohibit financial inclusion and the spread of financial services. We offer key payment solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
• Business Payments
• Mass payouts
• Remittance processing
• Virtual Accounts
• International Trade Invoice Payments
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
Reporting to SVP Africa, this role will be based in Nairobi overseeing the servicing of Thunes’ sending and receiving partners base in the Southern African region. The ideal candidate should be independent, possesses high level of initiative and handles concerns/issues received from partners seriously in order to build trust and win additional corridors through effective account management. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Ensures quick and accurate responses to ad-hoc partner queries
- Liaises with internal team (e.g. Technology and Treasury) to troubleshoot any issues quickly and effectively
- Builds and drives strong relationships with key partner contacts and leverage on these to achieve the best possible partner experience
- Becomes a payment expert for partners through delivering expertise, educating, leading and guiding partners on their global payments strategy
- Shares feedback internally by consolidating partners’ feedback and evaluating the evolution of partners’ needs
- Grows business and relationship with partners by helping partners grow while meeting internal strategic and financial targets
- Collaborates with Thunes colleagues and works with available resources on internal and customer-facing projects
- Demonstrated experience in an account manager role that focuses on both strong account management and identifying and realising further opportunities to grow the account
At Thunes to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match! So please read carefully below before putting yourself forward
- Minimally Bachelor degree in Business Management or similar
- At least 3 years experience in account management, consulting or a related field
- Ideally experience working at and/or with mobile wallets operators/banks/other financial institutions or remittance business
- Able to engage in and navigate fast-paced discussions internally and externally to drive positive outcome
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global multicultural team
- Possesses passion for the payments space and dares to push boundaries and create value
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a passion for new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities, possesses strong organizational skills and deal with uncertainties
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge in French is ideal
- Approximate travel frequency of 40%
Sound like you? Apply now!