Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for an Area Sales Manager within the Commercial Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Regional Sales the position holder will be in charge of effective management of agents & sub-agents in the assigned area, growing the agents/sub-agents business to ensure availability of M-PESA services in the area at all times. Indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Safaricom Business and Dealer distribution in the assigned area.
- Grow Sales within the Area by developing innovative ways of increasing/growing airtime sales, MPESA Float availability and terminal sales at the Point of Purchase; Value added services and connections
- Executing to Win through embedment of Safaricom effective execution daily (SEED) practices towards best in class execution of Trade activities.
- Indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Safaricom Business in the assigned area
- Effective implementation of distribution strategy in the trade to achieve availability and grow sales within the assigned area.
- Ensure achievement of set sales and usage targets i.e. Monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually.
- Prepare, plan and execute Area Sales programs aimed at market penetration
- Ensure shops are well branded according to Safaricom standards & ensure stores are well stocked and sell at recommended sales prices.
- Effective implementation of market penetration strategy in the trade and distribution of all Safaricom products within the territory
- Route mapping and route coverage monitoring of sales team while conducting marketing intelligence.
- Coaching and Capability development for the sales team
- Degree in a business related field.
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in sales and distribution in Telco or FMCG Industry; of which 2 years must be in leading a sales team in sales growth and revenue generation.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills
- Working with dealers and partners is an added advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Safaricom products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Professional Sales training will be a strong advantage
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
- Mentoring/coaching skills/experience
As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of Completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- Copy of your National ID/Passport
Last Date to Apply: Sep 23, 2020