Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Program Finance and Administration Assistant will provide administrative, logistical and financial support within AWF’s existing project/s in the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Program. He or she will ensure strict adherence to internal controls, donor guidelines, proper record keeping and efficient administration of finances and other assets for the AWF Program within the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape. Specific tasks will include handle daily processing of invoices and staff portal expenses in compliance with AWF’s internal and donor policies and procedures. The position will also provide support on treasury related administrative and routine tasks that require urgent action, constant consultations and frequent follow-ups with field and program staff. The position will be based in AWF Voi office.
- Assist the team understands and adhere to AWF and donor financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Implement AWF established internal controls for the avoidance of waste, fraud and misappropriation of assets within the program. Report all instances of known or suspected fraud and abuse promptly.
- Gain an understanding of donor contracts within Tsavo-Mkomazi landscape in order to be in a position to advise on compliance with the use of donor funds and associated accounting.
- Assist compliance with staff time reporting requirements including timely completion timesheets by Landscape staff.
- Oversee cash flow operations for the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape by ensuring timely projections of cash as per established work plans.
- Support HQ Central Finance team with smooth month-end close process
Finance and Accounting roles
- Gain an understand of landscape work plans and budgets to assist with appropriate accounting distribution and expense coding in the accounting system.
- Assist the Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Manager with review of monthly grant budget reports distributed by the Budgets and Grants Team, making corrections to expense coding as necessary.
- Assist Budget and Grants Team in preparing required grant reports, prior to submission to the donor.
- Input and submit any invoices with adequate documentation and follow up with field staff on any delayed approvals.
- Assist with timely sub-grantee expense reviews and reporting any questionable costs and non-compliance issues
- Assist in performing supplier statement reconciliations and attend to ad-hoc vendor queries.
- Ensure timely completion of expenses and revenue posting for smooth monthly-end close of books.
- Process staff travel advance requests/reimbursement, disburse cash, review advance retirements, generate credit memos and identify any issues.
- Reconcile employee vendor cards and travel advance holding account on a regular basis.
- Ensure cash deposits are banked at least within 2 business days upon receipt.
- Scan and file all financial documents and trip expense backups.
- Review trip retirements and validate all supporting documentations.
- Administer petty cash float, initiate top-ups, organize petty cash hours and process payments.
- Input petty cash expenses and reconciliations in the system as part of the monthly close.
- Maintain optimum petty cash balances and advise the supervisor of cash replenishment requirements.
- Perform internal and external customer circularization on a monthly basis.
- File and archive all office documents (Procurement & financial documents) per established systems.
- Maintain electronic logical coding, indexing, and references of scans.
- Develop and maintain a vehicle usage calendar to ensure that vehicles are available when needed and increase instances of vehicle pooling.
- Ensure proper upkeep of Voi office, equipment and other facilities. Ensure insurances and license are always updated on time.
- Provide supervision to guards and caretakers. Provide for required office services and supplies.
- Oversee timely field procurements in liaison with Tsavo-Mkomazi Landscape Manager and Central procurement teams.
- Support in coordination with Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable procurement support documentation filing.
- Maintain asset records in Serenic and e-assets register. Timely conduct quarterly asset verifications & reconciliations.
- Ensure that there are sufficient stocks of office consumable materials to mitigate against stock outs.
- Assist with program logistics and facility (travel, space, etc.). Ensure the front office is well managed. Ensure the guests and callers receive professional, courteous, prompt and pleasant service and messages are delivered to program staff timely.
- Ensure vehicle fleet management for project vehicles including ensuring a maintenance schedule and vehicle mileage tracking, validation and posting.
- Responsible for field vehicle fuel management and ensure accurate record keeping, monitoring system on fuel consumption- Review monthly vehicle log sheets and prepare monthly report of fuel and maintenance for approval by the Landscape Manager
- Inspect equipment, structures or materials to identify possible causes of security lapses and communicate the findings to the Landscape Manager.
- Provide security briefing to staff as needed and ensure that all staffs adhere to security policies and procedures. This includes briefing to all newly recruited staff.
- Take on other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
- Diploma /Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related
- Accounting certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- NGO experience
- Experience in busy office
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Familiarity with accounting packages and government regulations such as taxation requirements and statutory related matters
- Ability to work in a field setting and remote environment with minimal supervision.