Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting Line: Head, Subsidiaries IT and Networks
Our client, a leading full-service commercial Bank is looking to bring on board a tech savvy individual to hold a Chief Information Officer role in their organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the organization’s ICT agenda and provide technical leadership and advisory to the management.
He/she will lead key IT projects, policy development and review for the organization as well as provide business advisory from IT perspective.
- Strategic leadership: Provide support to the Management team in the development and implementation of the business continuity strategic plans from a technology perspective. Develop, evaluate and implement the IT strategy in line with the group strategy.
- Policy development: Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of the bank’s overall group strategy. Lead the planning and policy development and make recommendations for the adoption as necessary to enhance the function. Act as the custodian of the organization’s standard IT operational manual, security and safety policies as well as guidelines.
- Business Advisory: Act as the Subject Matter Expert on matters technology and guide the bank’s technological decisions to support the performance and achievement of the bank’s strategy.
- Procurement: Analyze the business requirements to determine the technology needs and device ways to address them. Guide the purchase of efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Reporting: Develop and present key reports on technical issues including crucial business risks in technology like suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Budget: Lead the budgeting process for the IT department based on the technological needs and provide oversight on the expenditure of this budget. Monitor and report on the budget use to the management.
- IT Governance: Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency in the bank. Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the bank’s management to necessary action. Integrate vital technology and operations platforms to deliver quality, flexibility and optimal productivity.
- Risk management: Ensure the right and robust systems are in place to monitor and track the key risks the organization may be exposed to.
- Relationship Management: Support the building and management of relationships with vendors and facilitate creation of cost-efficient contracts for the benefit of the bank.
- Performance Management & Development: Coordinate activities of other IT Team ensuring that they deliver value to the bank by providing guidance where necessary. Coach, develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team within ICT and operations to achieve success in career and business goals.
- Technologically Savvy;
- Strategic Leadership;
- Entrepreneurial Skills;
- Results Orientation;
- People Development & Management.
- A Minimum of a First Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. MBA /MSc is an added advantage;
- Industry recognized professional certifications such as MCTS, MCP, ITIL, CISA, COBIT, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CFE or any recognized professional certification;
- A minimum 8 years working in a technological role with proven experience as a CIO or similar leadership role and at least 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity;
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated appreciation of technology;
- Knowledge of technological trends and utilizing the same to build strategy;
- Demonstrated experience in budgets management and business-planning;
- A dynamic individual with international exposure is an advantage;
- Bilingual -Must speak fluent English in addition to one of the Bank’s other official languages.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Chief Information Officer as the Subject by 5 pm 23nd September 2020.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.