Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: IB Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To ensure the complete and effective organisation and administration of Creativity, Activity and Service in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
It is expected that the CAS Coordinator will be on the fore front in the implementation and advancement of the CAS programme by playing the following roles:
- Familiarize students, colleagues, parents and the wider community with CAS
- Promote the importance of CAS to students, colleagues, parents and the wider community
- Identify safety issues (risk assessment and child protection)
- Develop a school-specific CAS handbook and resources
- Administer the CAS budget and manage CAS records and reports
- Periodically engage in interviews with students
- Report on student progress to school and parents
- Promote and publicize student achievements in CAS
- Develop and maintain CAS policy statements
- Provide leadership for the CAS team
- Provide professional development and supervise CAS advisers where appropriate
- Inform and work with CAS supervisors where appropriate
- Ensure consistency across the programme through ongoing contact with CAS advisers and supervisors
- Inform and work with outside providers in their involvement in CAS experiences
- Report completion/non-completion of CAS to the IB on IBIS.
The CAS coordinator will also work directly with the CAS students (if there are no CAS advisers) to:
- Educate students on all aspects of the CAS programme
- Educate students on the meaning and purpose of the CAS learning outcomes
- Assist students with clarifying and developing the attributes of the IB learner profile
- Support students in understanding ethical concerns and international-mindedness
- Develop purposeful reflection skills through individual interviews, group discussions and teaching strategies (see the CAS teacher support material (CAS TSM) for examples)
- Provide feedback on student reflections
- Assist students in identifying personal and group goals
- Discuss goals and achievements in regular meetings
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to students
- Monitor the range and balance of experiences undertaken by individuals
- Advise and monitor progress towards meeting the CAS learning outcomes
- Periodically review students’ CAS portfolios
- Meet each student in three formal documented interviews.
- Ensure that students maintain academic integrity.
- Support the IB Diploma Coordinator through roles assigned as necessary.
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than 7th October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.