Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
TERMS OF REFERENCE: CREATE TEAM SECURITY TRAINING
BACKGROUND: Mercy Corps is implementing a multi-year, 12 million GBP Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) programme funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office through the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF).
The CREATE programme engages local and national government, local civil society organizations and communities to mitigate the drivers, enablers and narratives of violent extremism in East Africa through support to policy initiatives, community engagement, and support to national civil society organizations in order to prevent the recruitment of vulnerable individuals by violent extremist organizations.
The programme works in Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Uganda, through strategies adapted to the context and opportunities in each country to advance research, legislation and field implementation of programme activities.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT: Mercy Corps is looking to contract a Security Training Expert to provide Security Training to the CREATE programme. The CREATE programme goal is to enable “key P/CVE stakeholders to demonstrate improved capacities to disincentive or disrupt the recruitment or radicalisation of at-risk individuals in response to evidence generated by the programme”.
Across its areas operation the programme seeks to build knowledge and capacities that enable the identification of those who are most at-risk of radicalisation and recruitment into VEOs, and how they are being radicalised and recruited, where and by whom; and that supports systems and policies that demonstrate the most effective means of preventing radicalisation and recruitment. Thus the CREATE is exposed to various security risks during implementations.
Consequently, CREATE would like to recruit a Security Training Expert who will be responsible for designing the Training Material and caring our training the CREATE Team. This will ensure that the team is equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to work safely and confidently in the challenging CREATE environment.
SCOPE OF WORK: Organize and lead three (3) full-day security and safety trainings for CREATE Team including an orientation to security planning, as the implement the work under CREATE. Consultant should develop training tools and materials relevant to the CREATE Programme.
CONTRACT TYPE: Mercy Corps will issue a Service Contract
DELIVERABLES AND PAYMENT
The consultant is expected to submit the following deliverables. The consultant will be paid in lump sum following submission of deliverables.
Deliverable 1: Security Training Materials
- Consultant will develop the security training tools materials tailored to the specific programme needs and Mercy Corps guidelines for the Team Leader’s approval ahead of the training. The training tools and materials will be adapted to the programme context.
Deliverable 2: Security and Safety Training
- Consultant will deliver a three-day training for CREATE Team. The train will be on a date that will be agreed upon.
REPORTING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENTS: The consultant will report to the Team leader and works directly with Programme staff.
- Demonstrate prior experience undertaking similar training for past organizations.
- Advanced degree in Risk and Security Management
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in conducting Security Risk Training
Interested consultants should submit a detailed technical and financial proposal based on following points:
- A letter of interest stating why you are eligible for the assignment.
- A Technical and Financial proposal, which should include a description of the proposed methodology to be used, a schedule of, planned activities.
- Detailed budget including professional fee (in USD).
- CV of the professional(s) to undertake the assignment including a summary of similar assignments undertaken previously.
- At least 3 references of previous mandates.
How to Apply
Please send your proposal by Email with Subject line “CREATE SECURITY TRAINING” to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be evaluated based on the selection criteria outlined in the table below:
Criteria and Maximum Points
A. Technical proposal
- A proposed methodology and approach in line with the terms of reference (45 points)
B. Qualifications and experience of Key personal
- Academic qualifications – CVs and qualifications of the proposed key staff (20 points)
- Experience in Security Training (15 points)
C. Cost effectiveness of the proposed budget (20 Points)