Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Direct Supervisor: School Principal
Contract: Full Time, Temporary, Renewable
Still I Rise is an international NGO with a mission to provide quality education to refugee and underprivileged youth. We established Still I Rise to respond to a precise need: provide education and a safe social environment to children around the world. We are now launching the first Still I Rise International school for refugees in Nairobi. We will follow an international curriculum and the Still I Rise educational model based on three pillars: education, personal development and safe space.
The English Teacher will join the Education Department and will be responsible for teaching a diverse population of eager students in the first International School for refugee and disadvantaged children in Kenya. This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team. The English Teacher will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities. Someone curious, ambitious and eager to explore new and challenging didactic techniques.
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative language lessons for a diverse class of 10-17 year olds.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with the School Principal.
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the School Principal
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to design and develop different levels English curricula, following specific given guidelines, but integrating to them new and ambitious teaching and educational techniques, working independently and as a part of the team.
- Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with the School Principal and the Child Protection Officer.
- Professional Development: Attend trainings and professional development meetings.
- Native or proficient knowledge of the English language written and oral;
- Kenian nationality;
- Teaching Service Commission (TSC) Number;
- Academic or Professional Certificates;
- Bachelors in Education or equivalent language teaching experience considered;
- At least two years teaching experience;
- Completion of CRB/Background check;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills;
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment;
- Curiosity, ambition, willingness to create and experiment new teaching techniques;
- Determined team player.
- CELTA, TEFL or International English Teaching Certification preferred;
- Experience teaching children and teenagers;
- Experience working with refugee populations;
- Experience working with vulnerable people.
How to apply
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter and TSC Number by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the subject “ENGLISH TEACHER NAIROBI”.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date 28 Sep 2020