Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Direct Supervisor: School Principal
Contract: Full Time, Temporary, Renewable
- Lesson Planning: Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative Maths and Science lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-17. Create enhanced opportunities for real-life applications of concepts using technology and project based learning.
- Progress Monitoring: Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs in collaboration with the School Principal. Differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs of the students.
- Reporting and Admin: Managing all admin tasks such as attendance and assessment reporting to the School Principal.
- Curriculum Design: All teachers are expected to design and develop different levels of Maths & Science curricula, following specific given guidelines, but integrating to them new and ambitious teaching and educational techniques, working independently and as a part of the team.
- Behavioural Management: Managing students with differing life experiences and adverse childhood experiences in collaboration with the School Principal and the Child Protection Officer.
- Teacher Development: Attend training and professional development meetings.
- Native or proficient knowledge of the English language written and oral;
- Kenian nationality;
- Teaching Service Commission (TSC) Number;
- Academic or Professional Certificates;
- Completion of CRB/Background check;
- Bachelor’s degree in Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, Education and related field or equivalent training and experience;
- At least two years teaching experience;
- Completion of CRB/background check;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills;
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment;
- Curiosity, ambition, willingness to create and experiment new teaching techniques;
- Determined team player.
- International Teaching Qualification and/or experience Teaching Maths & Science to English language learners preferred;
- Experience teaching children and teenagers;
- Experience working with refugee populations;
- Experience working with vulnerable people.
How to apply
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter and TSC number by emailing:email@example.com and specifying the subject “MATHS AND SCIENCE TEACHER NAIROBI”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date 28 Sep 2020