Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client is one of the largest firms providing warehousing services in Africa seeking to hire highly competent and qualified persons in the Region for the following position:
The Operations Manager will act as the related to the daily operations and performance of the contract.
The Operations Manager shall be accessible 24/7 and shall have the authority to make on-the-spot decisions for the Contractor.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Prepare annual budget
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Motivating and disciplining staff
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (In-bound /Out-bound status report, dead stock report etc)
- Ensuring safety of staff. Manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in management or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in logistic operations, supply chain management, warehouse operations or relevant field.
- Proficient experience working with SAP
- Certification in Dangerous Goods Handling, Occupational Safety.
- Extensive experience in cold chain operations.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is also desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the stipulated qualifications should submit their applications alongside Detailed CVs, copies of certificates and testimonials not later than Wednesday 23rd September 2020. (Close of Business) with current address, telephone contacts and names of 3 referees addressed to the contact firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Competitive salaries based on experience will be paid to the successful candidate. Persons of Somali origin are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.