Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for its operations. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Manage & optimize operationally the different aspects of the supply chain (including sourcing, purchasing, clearing, transport, warehousing and distribution)
- Identify, recommend and implement supply chain practices, procedures and systems for suppliers and customers
- Implement purchasing strategy as defined by the Group and proceed to local purchasing accordingly
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce cost
- Explore and recommend sourcing opportunities to meet project requirements and to maximize competitiveness and security.
- Analyze tenders, finalize bid summary and evaluation report, obtain approval to commit
- Select, negotiate and manage suppliers and contracts to keep documentation updated
- Co-ordination of delivery dates and shipment planning with logistics people
- Provide support to project development and operations to ensure smooth project execution and day-to-day tasks.
- Prepare bidders list and issue request for quotation for local purchase.
- Ensure suppliers meet ongoing quality program standard and inspect receipt of the materials delivered and checking of suppliers invoice
- Reporting on a regular basis in each activity: strategy, purchasing, transit, chartering…
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar senior role within an international company or a large indigenous group.
- 5-10 Years minimum contracts and tendering experience
- Demonstration of expertise in supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation and management, cost modeling and building collaborative supply relationships
- Experience working with overseas suppliers
- Experienced in Transit and inspections
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships across cultures and contexts.
- Ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner
- Ability to align and coordinate resources to deliver results for committed schedules
Cost Reporting, Cost Management, Logistics Management, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Optimization, Supply Chain Management, Leadership, Team Management
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.