Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Busia, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country.
Under the supervisor of the Head of Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Coordinator oversees all Supply Chain functions, including procurement, transportation and fleet management, warehousing and assets management in the Country Office.
Contract Duration: 12 months
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance or related area.
- Professional qualification, Diploma or equivalent from KISM, CIPS etc.
- Member of professional body e.g. KISM, CIPS or equivalent.
- 5 years prior experience in Supply Chain management in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing and supervising others in Supply Chain team members
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and Databases critical including ERP systems
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Fluent in English, both written and oral; Local language skills a major advantage.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a Job Description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child Protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted