Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Senior Communications Officer will be responsible for production and editing of ICRAF-specific content on a broad range of institutional and research topics for various communication purposes and channels. He/she will also work closely with counterparts from CIFOR.
- Develop compelling content to position CIFOR-ICRAF on key topics and illustrate its expertise through targeted campaigns.
- Liaise closely with internal content providers and develop key messages based on input received.
- Work across a range of different communication channels (print and digital).
- Liaise closely with the regional communications focal points to identify areas of mutual interest and develop it to the benefit of projects and the institution.
- Liaise closely with graphic designer to develop data visualizations and infographics.
- Coordinate preparation of feature and multimedia packages, including content curation, collaboration with designer, web team for successful launch.
- Liaise with events and video coordinators, Forests News/ Landscape News editors at CIFOR to develop content, blogs, video, etc. pre-and post-event.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to develop joint content and campaigns.
- Master’s degree in communications or a related field.
- Up to 5 years of progressive experience in drafting compelling content, editing and coordinating content production with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of different communication formats and channels with proven knowledge of drafting content for these.
- Story-telling skills with concise messaging is essential.
- Experience in managing communication campaigns/ projects and ability to coordinate consultants.
- Experience in the areas of environmental sciences, social science is an asset.
- Experience in a demanding multi-stakeholder environment at policy-level is an asset.
- Fluency in English is essential; proficiency in other languages e.g. French would be a distinct advantage.
· Be self-motivated and results focused.
· Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
· Creativity and problem-solving capabilities.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Enjoy managing multiple projects with proven ability to keep track of multiple deliverables at the same time.
· Be able to synthesize information according to strategic needs.
· Proven interpersonal communications skills with strong client service approach.