Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting To: Product Specialist – CTC
Duration: 1 year
The African Academy of Sciences (AAS) is a non-aligned, non-political, not-for-profit Pan-African organization headquartered in Nairobi, with a hosting agreement with the government of Kenya. The AAS’s vision is to see transformed lives on the African continent through science. It is the only continental Academy in Africa enjoying the support and recognition of the African Union, and with joint programmes with NEPAD Agency, now the African Union Development Agency (AUDA), as well as several governments and major international partners. It has a tripartite mandate: to recognize excellence through its highly prestigious fellowship and award schemes; to provide advisory and think tank functions for shaping the continent’s Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) strategies and policies; and to implement key STI programmes aimed at addressing Africa’s developmental challenges
The Clinical Trials Community (CTC) is a platform created by the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) and hosted by the African Academy of Sciences (AAS). CTC seeks to increase the level of Clinical Trial investments in Africa by increasing the visibility of African clinical trialists and research sites as well as making transparent and accessible individual country regulatory and ethics procedures to inform decision making by key stakeholders. The CTC platform provides a space for constant engagement among key stakeholders to increase efficiency and promote robust collaborations within Africa and beyond.
The goals of the CTC online platform are to:
- Increase the visibility of African Clinical Trialists and Sites by indicating the geographical location and corresponding disease burden.
- Reduce unnecessary duplication of effort in identifying, collecting, and submitting clinical trial site feasibility assessments at the beginning of every new project.
- Improving predictability by providing access to regulatory and ethics requirements across countries and an online platform for sponsor engagement
- Reducing bias in funding across countries and disease areas by highlighting gaps and promoting synergy across strategic funders
To meet the objectives above, the CTC online platform collects and hosts data for African Researchers, African clinical Trial sites/Centres, Regulatory and ethics bodies in Africa as well as Clinical Trials sponsors from across the globe. The success of the platform however depends on the accuracy and reliability of the data therein.
The CTC project is seeking Data Assistants to be responsible for the data entry and verification process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct daily check of data entered into the platform for duplicate data, data accuracy and completeness
- Conduct online searches to fill identified data gaps
- Develop and maintain follow up schedules with users and entities in the platform to support the data upload, verification, and update.
- Provide support with the identification of inconsistencies between the system and existing 3rd party integrations and documentation
- Develop weekly, biweekly and monthly reports on the status of data upload and update, data gaps, and insights emanating from data upload from various users with the CTC platform.
- Support the CTC team during the platform release planning and feedback gathering workshops
- Support the CTC team in maintaining accurate data post platform launch.
- Work closely with the Product Specialist and the System Help desk in conducting other system-related and user support activities for CTC platform and other AESA online platforms as the need arises.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- Experience in working with online systems
- Experience in data entry, data clean up and verification.
- Knowledge of Agile System development process and principles desirable
- Knowledge of system development frameworks and programming languages is an added advantage
- Willingness to learn and attentive to detail.
All applicants must submit a filled application form – download it here, a curriculum vitae, and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject no later than 7th October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.