Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the position
The Operations Manager will play a key role in supporting ITDP’s operations in the Africa region. Based in the Nairobi office, the Operations Manager will oversee financial management, financial reporting, human resources and office management. The Manager will maintain financial protocols for the office and will work closely with administrative staff based in ITDP’s headquarters in New York. The Operations Manager will report to the Africa Program Director and will be expected to work creatively and communicate effectively with the Africa team, donors, partners and consultants.
- Develop annual budgets and operational plans in conjunction with the Director.
- Participate in the review of project budgets and manage project finances in coordination with the Finance and Administrative Director in the New York office.
- Ensure all requirements specified by donors are met; serve as the point of contact for existing and potential donors with regard to the grant budgets, payments, and financial reports.
- Manage internal controls and the integrity of financial information.
- Monitor the cash flow needs of the organization, alert the Director of challenges that may arise and identify solutions.
- Review and approve monthly timesheets and expenses in coordination with the Director; process payroll in coordination with the accountant. Supervise the preparation and submission of statutory returns.
- Authorize and supervise payments to suppliers, consultants, partners, etc.
- Review all transactions in Intacct on a monthly basis.
- Generate and review financial reports: balance sheets, income and expenditure statements, reports of losses and gains, income statements, and bank reconciliations.
- Direct the annual audit and manage relationships with auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals.
- Negotiate, establish and manage relationships with external providers such as banks, payroll providers, accountants, consultants, insurance providers and facilities suppliers.
- Ensure that the office operates in accordance with local laws and best practices in non-profit governance.
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding and staff development.
- Administer human resource policies and maintain personnel files.
- Oversee the administration of compensation and benefits.
- Lead the Africa office’s administrative team and supervise operations staff.
- Assist the Director in organizing regular staff meetings.
- Arrange periodic meetings of the Board of Directors, ITDP Kenya.
- Ensure timely reporting to the NGOs Co-ordination Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 7 years of experience in financial and operations management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Familiarity with principles of accounting, profit and cash management, and procurement procedures.
- Proficiency with an accounting system, Intact preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures of the NGOs Co-ordination Board, Kenya.
- Familiarity with accounting protocols, HR laws, and other legal provisions in Kenya.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by sending the following information to email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line:
- Cover Letter
The position will remain open until filled.