Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
- Overseeing the overall project design and delivery of a national digital community health tool that aligns with Living Good’s performance management expectations and working with other LG stakeholders and partners to drive national scaling and long-term adoption of the tool by the national and county governments.
- To provide overall day to day technical program leadership to a portfolio of Community Health digitization projects while working closely with national, county government and other development partners.
- Establish, own and drive end to end delivery and implementation of various community health and technology workplans while working within cross functional and multi-stakeholder Technical Working Groups.
- Set project structures, teams and provide overall direction to Living Goods project teams while working closely with national and county government stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent Living Goods in MOH technical working groups (steering and working committees) with central and county governments as well as other partners as required.
- Act as a technical advisor and influence design of various components of Community health digital system in line with LG’s expectations and industry best practises.
- Support the country’s Senior Leadership team with overall CH digitization technical leadership across all the programming areas.
- Provide interface leadership to other LG key managers/departments on all Community health digitization projects needs e.g finance, grant management, business development, advocacy, communication.
- Work alongside the senior leadership team to position Living Good as a viable partner in strategic business development engagements with the national and county government as well as with other development partners or donors.
- Overall coordination of Community health digitization projects while working with national/County MOH technical teams from Health Information Systems, ICT/Technology, Primary Health, Community Health and other government departments.
- Alignment of cross functional LG internal teams – including setting of appropriate project structures, resourcing and teaming, project costing and budgeting.
- Providing overall ownership on digitization projects finance/grant management.
- Providing leadership in various global TWGs (mostly in the domains of Health Information systems, digital health, IT/ technology and community health). The TWGS are constituted of various stakeholders drawn from national/county MOH and other development partners.
- Supporting various Living Goods stakeholders with appropriate project status summaries for various internal and external audiences.
- Providing day to day direction and guidance to Living Goods project resources to ensure work plans are executed within signed off timeline.
- Own and drive overall project delivery and implementation/execution of a portfolio of community health digitization’s project linking to the larger EMR.
- Pro-actively raising necessary project escalations and red alerts with necessary internal and external stakeholders and lobbying for necessary support to ensure sufficient project support.
- Organizing and coordinating formal and adhoc meetings/discussions with key stakeholders to eliminate blockers and ensure efficient project delivery.
- Advocate/ Champion the e-CHIS agenda both internally & externally (with Partners, funders etc).
Skills & Competencies
- Keen listener and attentive to details with ability to interpret direct and indirect messaging from across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to listen to many voices and provide balanced direction to ensure project progress.
- Able to provide technical solutions/guidance while balancing between competing technical and business requirements.
- Relationship building and day to day alignment with key stakeholders within Living Goods and national/county MOH teams to ensure success of projects.
- Ability move beyond guidance and roll the sleeves to ensure the job is done.
- Ability to steer projects in unclear circumstances.
- Solution provider mindset with ability to anticipate requirements while bridging between technical and business teams.
- Solid technical knowledge in technology/ digital health matters that supports respected decision making when required to evaluate and weigh on several opinions/alternatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relations builder
- Politically savvy given the diverse interests with many stakeholders outside the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, HIS, Public Health or related course combined with relevant technology, Digital health, ICT professional qualifications/certifications plus experience in implementation of digital solutions in public/community health;
- Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies.
- Project management- PMP, Prince2, Scrum Master
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience with AT LEAST four (4) years of hands-on experience in implementation of scale-able and integrated technology /digital health solutions.
- Over (4) years demonstrated expertise in the analysis, design & implementation of enterprise level health information systems, open source EMR platforms, DHIS2 & interoperability frameworks.
- At least 4 Years hands-on experience in use of technology, data and analytics to solve business problems within the public health sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in use of project management skills to successfully drive implementations and scale technology solutions.
- Disciplined, methodical and detail-oriented in knowledge management, execution and documentation of projects.
- Strategic thinker, solution provider – you have solid experience in identification of opportunities, designing of concepts and putting together detailed strategic plans.
- Demonstrate experience in handling ambiguity, working in a multicultural environment while juggling concurrent activities.
- Previous history of working with national and county governments and development partners within the public health domain is desired.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.