Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supporting end markets in executing short term and medium term Lubricants Supply Chain plans and tactics to ensure that the right product is available at each location in time to meet Vivo Energy’s growth ambitions.
Ensures efficient and effective replenishment of products throughout the network, through an efficient S&OP process
Monitoring that the most cost effective and reliable sources of supply to meet the lubricants needs of Vivo Energy are used.
Tracking of logistics activities within the region for bulk and packed lubricants and greases, from the source, through primary transportation, until arrival of the product at the storage point, or warehouse.
Address issues and challenges in the supply chain arrangements between Vivo Energy and Shell & Vivo Lubricants.
Provide an overview at Vivo Energy level on performance of LSC interface, managing the agreed KPIs to measure these performances and performing root cause analyses to resolve performance issues.
Support deployment of Vivo Energy wide LSC processes as and when needed (i.e. new S&OP, Forecast accuracy improvement drive, etc.
16 VE Countries
2017P data: Lubes Vol 130 M3 pa +/- 800 Lubricant SKUs
Lubes Supply Dimensions: 7 SVL LOBP + 5 supply source from Shell (including Europe/Singapore/South Africa)
- Accountable for the reporting of integrated supply chain performance against key measures (OTIF, Inventory Levels, Back Orders, Forecast Accuracy…) to ensure that agreed service levels are met
- Assist end markets in translating demand (customer orders, forecasts and inventory changes) into manageable load on the supply chain and propose realistic options to enable supply.
- The role is also participating in modelling alternatives and using what-if scenario planning to arrive at the best plan in terms of service, asset utilization and cost. Trade-off analysis, including choices about whether items should be produced in-house or bought-in (make or buy), plays an important part in this decision making process.
- The role is responsible for ensuring that Inventory parameters are formally calculated and set for each stock holding location in the network.
- Undertake OTIF Root Cause Analysis and co-ordinate corrective action reviews
- Ensure that master data (static and dynamic) for systems used in the planning and delivery of lubes, remains accurate all the time.
- Ensure that supply chain optimization, inventory holding and customer service are continuously improved through the identification and elimination of waste.
- Monitor communication between functions (especially between VE and SVL) continuously improved by means of supporting regular (at least daily) meetings with fresh, accurate, data.
- Gather and highlight any constraints that need to be taken into account in the Inventory Policy.
- Collaborate with supply planning to resolve sales order exceptions in a timely manner.
- Reviewing alerts in a timely manner to ensure system generated plans are achievable and maintain plans by exception
- Assessing product availability versus inventory objectives and ensure overall customer service.
- Supports timely removal of slow moving stocks
- Manages inventory allocation and prioritization across the network
- Support Business Development in developing right sized logistics network.
- Participate in the selection and management of 3rd party service providers for warehousing and transport, in collaboration with C&P
- Supports Contract management of regional logistics operations, hold management reviews ensuring agreed KPIs levels are satisfactory, efficiency is being constantly increased and ongoing issues are being addressed
- Support OUs to operationalize agreed delivery plans that meet customer demand at lowest possible cost, through resource planning and event management in the S&OP process
- Undertake monthly Performance and Financial Review to identify cost drivers in operations and address operating issues
The Lubricants business model between SVL and Vivo Energy is undergoing numerous reviews in order to optimize and improve our delivery performance. The incumbent will therefore be instrumental in giving visibility of current performance (through monthly KPIs and root cause analyses) as a basis of some of these reviews.
Amidst this environment the shareholders have an ambitious growth aspiration for the Lubricants business and this role is central to the delivery of this growth agenda.
The successful candidate must feel comfortable working in an environment with relatively little process and guidance, but also understand the difference of cultures within the various stakeholders of the business.
Ensure product availability to meet business needs and support the growth ambitions of Vivo Energy especially for new market entries.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
Experienced Supply Chain professional (over 5yrs) with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Good understanding of African geography / in country contacts as well as the fuels and lubricants business
Understanding of local import operations (some experience in logistics and supply appreciated)
Proficiency in English and French is preferred
Relationship skills important, ability to influence without having hierarchical lead
Supply Chain Management – Skill
Managing Supply Chain Performance – Mastery
Pricing – Knowledge
Logistics – Skill
Import and Export – Skill
Transport Management – Knowledge
Inventory and Capacity Management – Mastery
Business Planning & Evaluation – Skill
Manage contracts and Service providers – Skill
Negotiation and influencing – Mastery
Delivers Results through Others – Mastery