Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Wefarm is the world’s largest platform connecting the small-scale farming community. Millions of farmers, retailers, and brands come together on Wefarm to grow their businesses.
Small-scale farming is one of the largest and most important industries in the world, with over one billion people globally involved in it. We’re working towards connecting this community so small-scale farmers can gain a better position in global agricultural supply chains.
Since our launch in 2015, we’ve grown to serve over two million farmers across Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. Our platform has facilitated the (free) exchange of over 18 million messages to share knowledge, generated over $5 million in marketplace sales, and sold nearly half a million products. So far, we’ve partnered with 100+ brands to give our members fair prices on the quality products they are looking for.
Our next milestone is to have 100 million farmers benefiting from Wefarm. Join us and be part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture, with the farmer at the centre.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Finance manager to join our growing East African finance team in Kenya.
Reporting to our UK-based Financial Controller and working closely with the broader finance team, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of two employees, managing day to day local bookkeeping and supporting the team in the preparation of management accounts . Being the main finance contact for all local East African markets you will play a lead role in liaising with the local tax authorities and managing local audits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial reporting, cash management, credit recovery
- Taking a leading role to maintain and build relationships with our financial and tax advisors and keep yourself, and the broader finance team, abreast of developments in East Africa, and recommending how Wefarm should address and changes.
- Tax compliance ensuring returns are correctly drafted and filed in a timely manner and being main point of contact for local authorities and tax advisors
- Managing relationship with external accountants and coordinating the preparation of statutory accounts for all East African entities in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Review month end reconciliations prepared by the team
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the day to day financial operations, implementation, monitoring and developing of financial policies
- Manage trainings for departmental staff on the use of the finance systems and identify periodic skills development or in-house training opportunities for staff;
- Build and maintain relationships with local banking partners
You should have:
- Qualified accountant with 6+ years of post qualified experience
- Experience leading small finance team
- Good communication skills to be able to build relationships internally and externally
- Good understanding of macro economic trends in East Africa and their impact on the agricultural sector and our business more generally
- Expert knowledge of Kenyan compliance and fiscal environment and a good working knowledge of the same in Uganda and Tanzania
- Attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills and demonstrate the ability to get involved and assist team members where needed
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Member of an accounting body ICPAK, EACFFPC/KRATI/KESRA/KISM/CIPS;
Rewards package and remuneration:
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, but is highly competitive and will include share options. We believe in our team being not only the executors of Wefarm’s visions but the makers and owners of it!
In addition, we offer a flexible working environment (within reason of course!), provide health insurance and we value spending time together with frequent social events throughout the year.
Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.