Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Senior Finance & Administration Officer (S-FAO) will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Regional Finance Manager. The S-FAO will lead and develop the country teams to support the following areas; finance, administration, business planning, Budgets development and management. S/he will ensure that all programme accounts are managed effectively according to AAH-I and donor financial policies and procedures. The job holder works with the Project Managers to prepare periodic and adhoc financial reports as required. The (S-FAO) will play a critical role in partnering with the senior management team (SMT) in strategic decision making and operations of AAH-Kenya, Somalia and Uganda
Essential Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a Business related discipline.
- A Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) with active membership.
- MBA/MSC is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience in financial and operations management.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have a finance background.
- Past experience in grants management for projects implemented within Africa.
- Working experience with different donors –UNHCR, UNICEF, UN Women, DANIDA, DFID, EC, Bread for the World etc
- Knowledge of various accounting and reporting software especially Sage Evolution.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- A good understanding of managing accounts and information needed to support forecasting and budgeting
- High degree of integrity and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with SAGE Evolution for financial and management accounting as well as payroll and statutory matters
- Ability to work independently, but as part of a small team, on different projects.
- Computer literate in MS Office, with a particular focus on Excel.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 3rd October, 2020. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.