Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Salary: Ksh 15,000
Location: Kirinyaga, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and implement a spray programme for preventive and cure of plants.
- Study the plant production in order to advise the best way to plant, harvest and cultivate the plant
- Advise and develop methods on how to control weeds and pests to keep the crop disease free
- Conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers etc.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules,
- Working as an overall team leader, to ensure all aspects of running the farm are met
- Maintaining safe work practices of all staff and contractors on site
- Ability to multitask and supervise different farm activities at a time.
- Ability to work & maintain high and low tech equipment’s.
- Soil Sampling
Key Requirements and Skills
- A minimum of Diploma or Certificate in Agronomy or a related field.
- At least 1-year experience as an Agronomist
- Experience with vegetables and herbs an added advantage
- The ability to work with minimum or no supervision. (essential)
- Detailed oriented, analytical, and good people management skills.
- Experience in overseeing big project(s)
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Exceptional active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers. (essential)
- Ability to work in high and intensive working conditions
Age 28 years and above
How to Apply
Send your application together with CVs to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com not later than 30th September, 2020.