Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REPORTS TO: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Agronomist will conduct field survey and checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant and soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc.Using this information, the agronomist will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.To be a successful on the role, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. You shouldbeself-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Farmer recruitment, enrollment, auditingand harvest co-ordination and follow up.
- Train farmers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) to maximize yield and ensure the quality of macadamia nuts is not compromised.
- Demonstrate and train farmers on the best post-harvestpractices.
- Advise and avail information to farmers of the best farm inputs(both synthetic and organic)to use on the farm.
- Prepare and manage plans for crop improvement and enhanced production.
- Provide input on production planning for the assigned areas.•Give weekly and monthly production projections.
- Disseminate, implement and monitor progress and compliance to company policies in key areas of production and environmental management.
- Prepare and present daily reports based on the work schedules and activities carried out in the field to the management.
- Stay up to date on current and future agricultural trends in the agriculture business, including agricultural legislation that may impact the business.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma / Degree in Agriculture.
- Have at least 1-3 years’ experience as an agronomist
- Capability to train and recruit farmers.
- Must be willing to work in a rural set-up.
- Basic understanding of the industry requirements.
- Good knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
- Good understanding of the challenges in the industry.•Must have good reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills •Excellent customer relationship skills
- Self-starter –able to work independently, as well as inateam.
- Knowledge on use of management information system.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com