Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Based at Puratos Kenya in Nairobi, in order to strengthen our team we are currently seeking an:
Chief Accountant/Finance Manager
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the successful candidate for this key function will be responsible for managing the accounting and reporting functions focusing on:
- high quality and efficiency of service;
- respecting Puratos Group accounting policies and reporting rules;
- ensure compliance with all local accounting, social & tax requirements;
- manage the financial activities of the company and give strong support to senior management..
- Manage the day to day activities and transactions and lead the monthly closing cycle
- Organize and manage the accounting department in such a way that an efficient, reliable and timely reporting for all entities can be ensured for local and Group purposes, with respect of all statutory and operational requirements
- Support the budget & forecasting process
- Ensure accurate payroll information and follow-up of the outsourced payroll provider
- Set up systems for monitoring transactional volumes and productivity while continuously improving all processes to gain productivity gains
- Management and accounting of all treasury activities with external and internal bank
- Management and motivation of the accounting team and be an active member of the core finance team
- Having responsibility of tax, e-archive, e-invoice processes and e-ledger obligations
- Preparing the VAT and tax declarations & following VAT refunds
- Respect and ensure application of both Finance and internal control procedures, in accordance with Group guidelines, in order to minimize the risks of mistakes and fraud. Successfully pass the external audits on the financial results
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Business Administration, Economics or relevant field
- Senior finance management, preferably with manufacturing experience
- 7-10 years of experience
- Strong people management skills
- Analytical capabilities
- Strong technical system knowledge
- Knowledgeable with local tax and social legislation
- Knowledge in application of bookkeeping, accounts payable, general ledger, reconciliations and related accounting functions,
- Detail oriented, accurate, eager to learn, and improve herself/himself
- English speaking
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages our people to take initiatives and bring ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive package (salary, group insurance, healthcare, training…) but additionally, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape